Monday, February 21, 2022

Baby Quilt on the Design Wall

There was some progress over the weekend on the baby quilt that I shared in Saturday's post. The second checkerboard panel has been pieced, and I cut the wide bands of the fish print plus all of the sashing strips. None of the various strips of fish fabric and sashing have been stitched together yet; they are just laid out on my design wall.


The navy blue shown along the top and right side had been my top choice to frame the checkerboards, but I decided it stole the focus too much from the fish fabric. It is going to become the binding instead and will end up narrower than what you see here. I thought I had decided on the grey print around the pieced sections, but now I'm second guessing my choice. I swapped out a couple of the strips for a lighter grey option.


Yes, that might be a better choice. It blends in with everything more and leaves the main focus on the fish. I also like the way the stripes mimic the lines on the light grey fish. I'm going to leave everything up on the wall for another day or so to be sure of my decision, then get to work on stitching it all together.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

8 comments:

  1. I agree with the second gray; the first is a little "muddy" in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!! Is that fish fabric recent? It reminds me of the logo from the current series, "The Chosen"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fish fabric really makes me smile!
    The lighter grey does the job of framing with out stealing attention.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a cheerful baby quilt. Great color selections!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the second grey is the one! This is going to be a fabulous baby quilt. Sweet little fish swimming in the deep blue sue; so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some quilts just have to go through a series of changes before the land on what they want to look like, don't they?! I'm sure it will be cute no matter what you decide to do, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're making good progress on the quilt, I just love the colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The light gray does let the other fabrics shine more. This is such a fun project.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...