Sunday, February 13, 2022

SAHRR Round #4

Yet another border has been added to my Feathered Star Medallion quilt, which I'm working on as part of the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR.) If you don't know about the SAHRR, you can read the intro post at Gail's blog HERE.

This week's assignment for the fourth round came from Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of my Quilting Life. Her choice for the next border was signature blocks. There are many different patterns that can be used as signature blocks, but I wanted to keep it simple. I chose to use a diagonal block, but the colors are a reverse of the usual. For a signature block, the center diagonal would be a light fabric where the signature would go.


I found a burgundy and pink stripe fabric in my stash that looks great with the other fabrics in my quilt, and the stripes add some extra interest. My border units are very small--each little block like the two shown above measures 2" square and will finish at 1.5". 

I made many of the little units, being careful to keep the stripes going in the right direction. I then stitched them all together into four zigzag borders. The zigzags connect with the star points at the outer corners of the quilt.


The one thing that might still change is the outer corners. I'm thinking about replacing the diagonal blocks of the upper quilt photo with background squares as shown in the next photo. (The background squares are just laid on top.)


The current size of my quilt top is 37" square. I haven't decided how big I might want this quilt to finish, but I should probably come up with a plan before we get to the last couple of rounds. I'm very happy with how it is coming together at this point, and I look forward to finding out the assignment for our next border.

You can check out more versions of the SAHRR at Pieceful Thoughts of my Quilting Life. I'm also linking up with Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt and Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. I really like where this is going. If I were you, I'd wait for the next assignment before removing the sig blocks on the corners. You might be able to work them into the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s looking beautiful, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Love how you used a striped fabric in this round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round 3 and 4 together. your quilt is turning into a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your quilt is turning out just gorgeous! I like the addition of the signature blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It so interesting to watch how you grow your feathered star. I really like what you have accomplished so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, your feathered star is looking more lovelier with each new round. Such pretty colours in those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I like how your round turned out, I totally understand how you might choose to change the corners. MUST listen to the quilt, Julie! They often have minds of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The signature blocks made a really nice border. Love your version of the SAHRR.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...