Sunday, February 6, 2022

Project Quilting 13.3--Kitchen Inspired

This week's theme for the Project Quilting Challenge 13.3 is "Kitchen Inspired." I had several ideas and plenty of fun veggie print fabrics, but there were other projects that took priority during the week.

When I was checking out some of the other entries for the challenge this morning, I saw that several people had made bowl cozies, something I've never made but knew would be very handy to have. I looked up some free patterns, pulled out some fabric, and dove in.


I mostly followed a pattern from American Patchwork and Quilting, although all the patterns I looked at were very similar. I used 10" squares of fabric and batting (Warm and Natural). I rounded off the points to make it a little easier to turn after stitching around the outside edges. It was very easy and quick to make.


Both photos are the same cozy, just with and without a bowl. I have a second cozy in the works, but wanted to get this one posted before the challenge closes (5 minutes to spare!)

Linking up with:
Project Quilting 13.3 at Persimon Dreams


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

4 comments:

  1. I love my bowl cozy (a gift from a friend) and want to make more for my family. I use mine a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect project for the challenge. I have several my sister made, we always forget we have them, so they don't get used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasty bowl cozy, Julie! Congratulations on meeting the PQ deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a great kitchen project!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...