Sunday, February 20, 2022

Stash Report and Stitching Time 2/20/2022

It has been a busy week in my quilting room. I started out by finishing Round #4 on my Feathered Star Medallion quilt for the Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR). The most recent addition was the outer zigzag border.


After that was done, I spent much of my quilting time on my latest entry for the Project Quilting Challenge. This week's theme was "Mining for Diamonds", and I made a small purse with one side covered in black diamonds. You can see it and read more in my post HERE.

For the Stash Report, I used 1/2 yard on the Feathered Star border, plus another 1/2 yard for the Black Diamonds purse, for a total of 1 yard used. I also made my first fabric purchase of the year. I bought a piece of dark grey Kona cotton (with a sale coupon at JoAnn's) and flannel to back a baby quilt; 4 yards total added to the stash. 



2022 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:            1.00 yards
Used year to date:      11.25 yards
Added last week:          4.00 yards
Added year to date:      6.75 yards
Net used in 2022       4.50 yards


Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. Between the SAHRR project, the Diamonds purse, and starting a new baby quilt, I definitely spent more than 15 minutes on quilting every day!



15 Minute Challenge for 2022: 
2/13 - 2/19         7 of 7 days
2022 Total       50 of 50 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE how your return to the SAHRR is turning out!! It will be a wonderful piece when done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your SAHRR is working out so well. The last border works so well. Congrats on the great stash and stitching stats so far this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...