This project started a week ago when I pulled out a box of nine-patch blocks left from three quilts I made 12-15 years ago. I would include a photo of one of those original quilts, but I don't have any digital photos of them, and our scanner died over the weekend. You can get an idea of the layout from the last photo in THIS POST.
My goal with these blocks was to use up as many of the blocks as possible, not make too many more nine-patches, and get the quilt to a big enough size for a Quilt of Valor. It took all of last week and many hours on EQ7 playing with design ideas before I settled on this plan. I still need to make more of the last two rounds of blocks, but then I can start joining it all together.
I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. Check them both out for lots of amazing quilting inspiration!