Monday, August 3, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/3/15

I had an evening at home by myself over the weekend, and my plan was to spend the whole evening quilting. The only complication was that my feet were killing me, and I didn't want to stand any more than necessary. That meant finding a project that was ready to stitch and didn't need much cutting done. I browsed through my boxes and bins of UFOs until I came across this one, the Dresden Stars quilt that I started in a class with Edyta Sitar two years ago.


The quilt will end up with 8 of the Dresden Star blocks. There were five with the outer ring already made, and I put together two more, just one left to go. Yesterday I prepped a couple of the blue circles for the centers and have those ready to applique down, plus stitching the block to the background.

I have been working my way through all sorts of UFOs this year, and it feels so good to clear some of them out. I hope this will be the next one to be finished.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. Check them both out for lots of amazing quilting inspiration!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Dresden Plate blocks. You've really worked off those UFOs this year. I'm trying to do the same, but with a lot less success than you've had this year. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you just keep pulling the most gorgeous projects out of the closet... I'm really enjoying watching your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are beautiful! I have this pattern, too, but have only made 1 block. Had to try it when I got the pattern, but life got in the way. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite blocks! It will be gorgeous finished! Good job finishing up those UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh these are nice. Good job. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such nice blocks. They will make a gorgeous quilt Congratulations for working through your UFOs. I've been trying to do the same thing but haven't got a whole bunch done. But several are in the works to being finished quilts. Keep working on this one, it is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are beautiful! Great job finishing those UFOs!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...