Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday--9Patch Grid

It's time for another Throwback Thursday link-up over at Krista Quilts. My quilt for this week is another variation on the Split Nine-Patch similar to the beginning class project I showed two weeks ago. I saw a photo of an antique quilt with this kind of shading, which produces the appearance of light and dark blue diamonds overlaid by a gridwork of peach. One name I had seen for this pattern was "Hayes Corner," but when I googled that name, some very different versions popped up.


Right now I'm not sure where this quilt ended up. Last I remember it had been hanging in my sister's house. I believe I probably made this little wallhanging in the fall of 1996 or early 1997, and the colors certainly fit that time frame.


Check out other Throwback Thursday quilt posts at Krista QuiltsEven better, add your own post to the link-up. We'd love to see your quilts from the past! 



Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty. It would be fun to make in bright, vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I love quilts that have a secondary design when they are all put together. Thanks for linking up at Throwback Thursday today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't the fabrics tell the vintage tale! That's a very interesting version of the split 9-P. I love anything in a barn raising setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fascinating pattern, new to me. I love the three dimension effect it has. Where can I get this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilt! I still have some of those greens and peach colors from the 90's in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't realize how much fabric trends have changed. It's a fun pattern with a great visual effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...