Saturday, August 8, 2015

Another Scrappy Saturday

It took me a few days to come up with a plan for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Our color for the month is indigo (purplish blue), with black and grey as alternate choices. I ended up deciding to use them all.

For my True Colors circle applique blocks, I decided to add a set of indigo blocks to the collection. They aren't all the very dark blue I usually think of as indigo. I have included a few lighter circles in the mix. So far five blocks are finished.

For my Rainbow Bowties, I am using black and grey scraps. I've still got some fabrics to cut, but there are 20 blocks made at this point. Once again I have combined the circle blocks and the bowties together on my design wall.



I am still considering a few options for my indigo or black UFO of the month. I pulled out one project last weekend, but haven't decided if I'm really motivated to continue with that one. I'm hoping to make a decision on that this weekend.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  There will also be plenty of scrappy projects at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Julie in GA

13 comments:

  1. What an excellent choice for the true color circles...which never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks, as always! I pulled out a UFO that had some INDIGO to work on this month, too. Good luck with yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving those bow ties . . . good luck deciding on the UFO issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great us of color in both sets of blocks. Looking forward to seeing which UFO you are going to finish off next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been fascinated, watching your UFOs come out. Such gorgeousness!
    Love your circles, as always. Can't wait to see that one when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your combined block is stunning, an ingenious combination. I think I prefer the slimmer size of this one to the red version. Glad to see you also on Throwback Thursday, a fun spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I have a feeling all my blues might come out to play this month but we'll see how time allows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really interesting to put your blocks together like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the blocks in combination! Visiting from Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to start a new block design for another RSC15 quilt. I love your bow tie blocks and might make some of my own. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy watching you make these blocks in each month's color. Going to be some beautiful rainbow quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...