Sunday, August 2, 2015

Stash Report Sunday 8/2/15

July ended on a high note as far as stash usage is concerned, mostly because I made two quilt backs. That always gives a nice boost to the numbers, and there was no fabric added to my stash this week.

Curves & Cornerstones back         5 yards
Starry Night for Josh back            5.25 yards
Rainbow Bowties--51 red blocks   1.125 yards

It's also time for me to file my report for the 350 Blocks Project over at Prairie Moon Quilts. I ended up with a total of 93 blocks for the month of July, well over our goal of 30 for the month. 

This photo shows the back I pieced for Alycia's mystery quilt, Starry Night for Josh. I had four yards of the blue fabric, not enough for the entire back. I also had two star blocks leftover from the quilt top, so they got framed out with strips and nine-patches to reach the needed size along with the rest of the striped fabric.You can see my quilt top in THIS POST.

          
Over 100 yards used (my goal for the year) and it's only the beginning of August!! Last year I didn't reach that milestone until about a week into September. Now I just need to keep the fabric shopping under control.

TOTALS: 
Used this week:                11.375 yards     
Used year to date:          108.375 yards

Stashed this week:                  0 yards
Stashed year to date:         93.0 yards 

Net year to date:              15.375 yards used

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  


Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. You are doing very good! I like the way you framed the friendship star block in your backing.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your 100 yard mile stone! You are having a really good year in the stash management department as well as UFO finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you are doing well; me, not so much--I don't know how much I won--but i know a lot has come in as I
    fell off of my FABRIC DIET ...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great on your fabric usage. Congratulations on reaching 100, maybe 200 is possible this year???
    I really like how you extended your backing fabric with those stars. A real nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...