Saturday, August 29, 2015

Indigo and Black

This week I finished making the rest of my August blocks for the Rainbow Scrap ChallengeOur color for the month is indigo (purplish blue), with black and grey as alternate choices. I tried to pull out blues that tend toward purple for my appliqued circle blocks. Here they are on the design wall along with all the other blue circles from an earlier month, plus 50 bowtie blocks in blacks and greys.



I also finished the top for my UFO of the month which has quite a bit of black in it. Last week I talked a bit about my method for joining the diagonally set blocks together in this quilt. Check out my post from Monday if you would like more detailed information on that technique. I am almost done piecing the back for this quilt.




Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.


Julie in GA

16 comments:

  1. I love your blocks with circles. Congratulations on finishing the UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Finished quilt is lovely and the black / blue / etc pattern is so bold and dramatic...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress this month. SO many happy indigo scraps all found a good home. Yeah for the finished quilt -- always such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a productive week! Looking forward to seeing your 9 Patch top quilted. It's going to be SEW beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did have a good month. I almost missed all the bowtie blocks, they blend in so well with those circle quilt that you'd think they were one project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your RSC15 blocks get more intriguing as it grows, so many things to see. The UFO finish is great, colors so nicely blended. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bowtiequilt is gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bowties really do make an interesting addition to your circles...
    I love love love that nine patch top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful use of those old nine patches. Very interesting assembly. No matter how I would assemble it I'm sure all of the blocks would be out of order.

    Can't wait to see the assembly of that shadow circle quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting arrangement those bow ties make with the circle blocks. Do you think you'll set them together like that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The finished quilt top is so beautiful. Great indigo blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely finish! Your bow ties look great snuggled in with the bright circles. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to see your circle quilt all put together!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blocks, dear. Congratulations on a UFO quilt top finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your 9 patch is lovely! Thanks for linking your scrappy projects up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...