Monday, August 31, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/31/15

Over the weekend I pulled out a quilt that I am considering working on as my next UFO project. It is my Tell It to the Stars quilt, which was a BOM by Judy Laquidara last year. I did well at keeping up with the monthly clues until near the end of the year when we got to the assembly and borders. Here is what I had when I packed it all away last November or December.


The main reason I put this project away was because I realized that I made the pieced setting triangles with the wrong color. They should have been turquoise, but I used black by mistake, and I'm not sure I like how dark the outside of the quilt looks. I've also been having trouble getting those outer border blocks to come out the right size. In other words, I'm just stuck and don't know what to do next.



I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times and to Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. Check them both out for lots of amazing quilting inspiration!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Oh I like the darker outside--it makes the whole interior seem to glow, I think. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julierose has a point -- the inside does seem to glow with the dark outer border. Maybe it's time to say good enough and finish it up. I don't remember how much more needs to be done for this quilt. But it is so close to being a finished top -- go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have the turquoise border units finished, what about making the pieces that connect them into a border whatever size they need to be to make it work. As long as the border units are centered along the edge of the quilt units where they "touch", that will be the focus. Sometimes when I get this far with a pattern I have to make measurement adjustments to fit my personal sizes of units. Finished is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comments above... I really like the dark outer border. I also see a thin turquoise border and then another dark border to finish it. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you could go either way, it just depends on which vision you feel more strongly about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ramona. Add a thin turquoise border to pull the color out and make the quilt brighter. Then finish with the dark border. It will work out even better than the original and will be ALL YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the dark outside...it frames it well and the quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...