Saturday, February 2, 2013

Scrappy Purple Saturday

This seems to be my day for better late than never.  I kept hoping to have some time for quilting today, but there were just too many other things going on for most of the day.

I was happy to see that purple is our color this month because I have a good supply of that color.  However, I was a little concerned about having enough pale purple fabrics to work for my Dancing Stars blocks.  Then I remembered the box of 30's fabrics that is stashed in my sewing room closet.  There are several lavender and white fabrics in there that will be perfect!

Here are the pieces that were cut for my first few purple Dancing Stars blocks.  I hope to get several of these blocks stitched up this week.


Check out this week's purple projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


Julie

4 comments:

  1. Great looking fabric for your stars. I see you need to think about some light and some dark prints each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice contrast in purples I'm glad you were able to find the lights you needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun sewing your blocks...can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. So glad you remembered those lights in the closet. I just restacked my fabric in the closet and found a bunch of things I had forgotten I had. It was like Christmas morning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...