Monday, February 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday 2/25/13

There are only small changes to my design wall this week. There are now 11 purple Dancing Stars blocks, joining up with the pink blocks from last month. The Scrappy Sampler blocks at the bottom are the same as a week ago.




It's not on my design wall, but I am very excited to show my completely finished Hidden 9-Patch quilt.  The binding and hanging sleeve are finally done! The pattern is "Atlanta Commons" from the book 101 Nine Patch Quilts by Marti Michell.  I pieced the top for a guild challenge around 2002, but didn't get it quilted until last year. I am so happy to have this piece finished and hanging on the wall.  



As usual, I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Check out all the great inspiration there. 

Julie


11 comments:

  1. That is an absolute stunner! I love the subtle shift in colour and on-point setting. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flow in this quilt is amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fabulous use of color. You made it work so well. This just glows. I would be glad to have it on my wall, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky (above me) said it perfectly - it GLOWS!
    This is beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really neat! It actually took me a while to figure out where the nine patch was. Hidden indeed! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hidden 9 patch is awesome. I'll bet its even more impressive in person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY striking!! Great job, no wonder you are so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful quilt. It just glows from the center out. Great color scheme. Hard to see those 9 patches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got a lot of gorgeous projects going on. I love your dancing stars from the RSC. Congrats on that beautiful Hidden 9P finish.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...