Monday, February 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday--pineapples

Pineapple quilts have got to be one of my all-time favorite designs.  Too bad they are so labor intensive.  Yesterday I finished up these four blocks to add to my Scrap Club red/white/blue sampler that was started last year.  They look great together, but it sure took a long time to make them.  45 pieces per block!


On tap next for this quilt are some more string stars.  I think I need 3 more like these.


As usual, I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Check out all the great inspiration there. I will also be linking up to Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts.



Julie


8 comments:

  1. Love your pineapple blocks. These are always one of my favorites and I love the RW&B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both your pineapples and your string stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. two of my favorite blocks and love your color choices. I really like pineapples and have a dream to make a large quilt with them. I have only made wall hangings or single blocks in a sampler. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love pineapple blocks. Not so much how long they take. Your string stars are wonderful. Nice inspiration this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pineapple blocks. I agree they are labor intensive but turn out beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely about the pineapple blocks. I love seeing them, but they really are work; and you can't really chain piece them easily. Your stars are very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pineapple blocks too! Love your red/white/blue ones - they will look great with the strip stars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of those are great blocks! That pineapple has such an eye popping design to it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...