Saturday, March 21, 2015

Worldwide Quilting Day and Yellow Scrappiness

Happy Worldwide Quilting Day to all my blog-reading quilting friends! I hope you get lots of time to spend for quilting today. Unfortunately, I have to work during the day, but I will definitely be quilting this evening!

I made a slow start on my yellow bowtie blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but this week I finished 29 blocks. I have plenty of pieces cut to make another batch of bowties before the end of the month. I have to  be careful not to use really pale yellows in these blocks because they blend in with the beige/cream background fabrics too much.




Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. On Sunday I will also link up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework


Julie in GA

18 comments:

  1. The bow ties look great laid out like this. Good luck with the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking how you've laid out your bowties. Enjoy the day quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking bow ties. Nice contrast between the background and the bow tie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of bowties! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bow ties are so much fun - I keep thinking I want to make some, but so far it remains just an idea . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bowties - one of my favorite blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this layout for the bow ties as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look of the bow ties placed like that. Great job with a tricky color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this block could be arranged so many ways! Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to go back & relook when everyone was saying bowtie , yep there they are I see it now lol! love this way of laying them out, even if they did make me have to look twice lol!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout- you are so right about the pale yellows blending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're doing great on the bow tie blocks! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much sunshine on your design wall! Your blocks look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are looking like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what you end up deciding to do with all of the finished blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those blocks look like fun. Love those prints.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a whole bunch of bow-tie blocks, good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...