Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stitching Up Some Sunny Yellow

Between work and getting all of our tax info organized, there hasn't been much time for quilting this week. Thank goodness for MARTA, the Atlanta area transit system. That 20-minute ride to work in the morning is almost exactly enough time to stitch one of my applique circles (if I have it all prepped before I get on the train.) It's a much more relaxing way to start the day than fighting Atlanta traffic.

Here are the yellow blocks I have made so far this month as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I will definitely be cutting away the background behind the circles, and the blocks also need to be trimmed/squared up to the right size, but all of that will wait until I am ready to join them together. 

"True Colors" by Nancy Mahoney
from the book Simple Circles and Quick Curves


Kathy is another participant in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and she had been seeing my blocks over the past couple of months. Check out her blog to see the incredible challenge quilt she made using this pattern. I am so honored to have provided some inspiration. You can see her quilt in process here and here or view the finished quilt here.  Go over and take a look--it's fabulous!

Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. On Sunday I will also link up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework


Julie in GA

17 comments:

  1. Love what you're doing with the yellows. You have a wonderufl collection of black and white's - perfect pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Kathy I've been inspired too but have never done anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yellow/ black/ white / patterned selection you have there is one of my favorite color combos. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for your wonderful inspiration... I can't wait to see what you do with your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we visited Atlanta a few years ago, we used MARTA and I was happy to see how many folks were stitching or knitting. Your blocks (and Kathy's quilt) are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful blocks. It's going to be another amazing rainbow quilt when they are all done.

    I don't want to think about taxes, I'm in complete denial at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good. Those yellow circles make me want to make happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those modern blocks. They don't look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks this week. So easy once all the prep work is done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these blocks are so striking! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love these blocks, and thanks for the links to Kathy's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so pretty! You inspire a lot of us with your wonderful projects =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the link to Kathy's quilt. This block really is a winner. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, I love your simple circle blocks - the color combination really got me! What a great way to use your train commute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...