Friday, March 20, 2015

Music Quilt Finished

For the past month or so, I have been working on this quilt for a friend who is undergoing chemotherapy for colon cancer. The fabrics are all music-themed prints because he is a musician. I adapted the quilt-as-you-go idea from Sharon Pederson's book "More Reversible Quilts."

Music Quilt for Dave
61.5" x 74"

The backing is a nice snuggly flannel. All that's left to do is add a label to the quilt and a tag with washing instructions, then it can be packed up and shipped off.

I am linking up to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. 

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful quilt and I'm sure that it will be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt. It will be a great big warm hug from you when your friend receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift! Music and quilts are the best healers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really came together beautifully! I love the dark sashings...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice quilt for your friend. I love that you put flannel on the back. That makes it so much more cuddly IMHO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...