Monday, March 23, 2015

Design Wall Monday 3/23/15

I had to work most of the day on Saturday, which was Worldwide Quilting Day. Fortunately, I got to spend the whole evening quilting, and I made the most of my time in the sewing room then.

This quilt was started in January when I was inspired by the Sweet 16 Quilt-Along at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I made 10 blue and white 16-patches, but had no plan beyond that. Then I decided to turn them into stars with red points. I made four stars, then tried to decide how many more I would need and how to set them together.



At first I was planning to make twelve blocks and put them together in a 3 x 4 setting with sashing. That just seemed too boring, and I decided to play with some other ideas. I drew up several ideas on graph paper, and finally settled on this one.



On Saturday I cut all the background pieces that will fill the spaces between the blocks. I had started out with 2-1/2 yards of background, and ended up with a piece that measures about 3" x 15". I sure hope I cut everything correctly! I also started making the blue Friendship Stars, which were finished on Sunday. Now I need to figure out how to join the sections together. There will be lots of partial seams, but the final look should be worth the effort!




I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! 


Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Great layout, looks like tons of partial seams but it's going to be well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a great layout. I love how it breaks up your pointed stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Good luck with all those partial seams, but it'll be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your design - and the background fabric you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout for your blocks. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...