Monday, July 8, 2013

Design Wall Monday 7/8/13

My design wall has seen many changes over the past week. It started with the Dresden Stars blocks made in class with Edyta Sitar. My hope was to pull the finishing fabrics for this project out of my stash rather than buying the kit. I spent one afternoon and evening making a huge mess of the sewing room while pulling out fabrics, auditioning them on the wall, taking photos, then switching it all around again. It was such fun! I have five stars made and three to go before they get appliqued to the background.



In honor of July 4th, I pulled out my red, white & blue scrap club blocks. It was a pleasant surprise to see how many are done. I fixed the four pineapple blocks that were going the wrong direction. I only need to make two more 12" string stars and about a dozen 6" stars. I have been reading and watching videos about splitting batting to make machine quilting easier to handle. I think this might be the quilt for me to try that process. There is another column of blocks at the left side that didn't fit in this photo.



Yesterday I spent the afternoon making pillowcases for our quilt guild's community service project. They will go to ConKerr Cancer. I had a great time pulling out fun fabrics and completed seven pillowcases.





It's time for me to link up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. There is an incredible variety of ideas and inspiration there to enjoy, which is the reason why Monday has become one of my favorite days of the week!


Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. The Dresden Star is looking marvelous! Really like the RWB blocks, too - I bet they were fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects - love the RWB blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dresden Stars is looking gorgeous, you picked great fabric combos for the setting. Love your RW&B scrap quilt, it's gorgeous too! Looks like you had a very productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...