Tuesday, July 23, 2013

15 Minute Challenge 7/23/13

I have been spending some of my free time working on an extra costume project, which has limited my quilting time. However, I keep trying to get in at least 15 minutes a day, frequently during my lunch break at work. I have discovered that foundation piecing works well there, because I don't have to worry about trying to get a 1/4" seam allowance on a different machine. I need to figure out a new hand sewing project to have around to work on at night during TV, another good time to make progress.

7/16 - 7/22
Tuesday--Scrappy Sampler
Wednesday--costume project, Turning Leaves 
Thursday--Dancing Stars, costume project
Friday--Dancing Stars
Saturday--Dancing Stars, Turning Leaves, costume project
Sunday--Scrappy Sampler
Monday--costume project


Check out the 15 Minute Challenge posts at Life in Pieces to see how others are finding time for their creative pursuits. 


Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Nice week! sounds like you're really managing your time well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week. Sometimes you have to get creative to get those 15 minutes of sewing time in. Since sewing is also your livelihood, do you ever just get sick of sitting at the machine. Or is it different when you sit down to work on a quilt project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally don't spend lots of time at a sewing machine at work. Most of my time involves making patterns and fitting costumes. There are days when I don't have the energy to do anything after I get home, but most of the time I can find at least a little time to quilt, especially if there is a project all cut out and ready to sew.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...