Monday, July 15, 2013

Design Wall Monday 7/15/13

My Scrappy Sampler BOM quilt is back up on the design wall again. We had our monthly meeting on Saturday. I got all the 8" blocks that are done so far attached to the center. After the next round of blocks, there will be a double row of bowtie blocks as the border. I have been working on some and wanted to see how they look with the rest of the quilt.



Our assignment for next month is to make four log cabin blocks, which go at the corners of the section shown above. I was auditioning fabrics yesterday. I might still switch one on the light side, but the dark choices look good to me. Now to get them cut and stitched into blocks.


It's time for me to link up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. There is an incredible variety of ideas and inspiration there to enjoy, which is the reason why Monday has become one of my favorite days of the week!


Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is looking GREAT. Love the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors, makes me long for fall and cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bow tie border and the dark colors on the outside of the log cabin blocks really frames the center blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the center surrounded by scrappy squares.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...