Sunday, June 11, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 6/11/2023

My sewing room has been a very busy place this week. One big project that got finished was the piecing for the quilt backing I made as part of the blog hop for Kelly Young's upcoming book Perfectly Pieced Quilt Backs. I can't show you my finished quilt back yet, but here's a look at my fabrics.


I also finished adding the borders to the Stars Galore quilt top that I shared in last week's post, but I haven't taken any photos of the completed top yet. I do have this photo of a smaller quilt top made from charm squares.

Charm 9-Patch top, 40.5" x 54"

This top started as a group of 9-patch blocks that I received as part of a guild challenge. My original plan was to add sashing to the blocks, (see that plan HERE.) However, I decided to omit the sashing in order to end up with a quilt top that will fit on a single width of backing fabric. Now I just need to get it layered and quilted. 

My main project for the last couple of days has been washing and pressing my collection of solid fat quarters. All through 2022, I belonged to the solids club at Fat Quarter Shop. Each month I received a packet with 12 FQs of solids, with the colors based on that month's birthstone. 12 months of 12 FQs adds up to 144 pieces of fabric, all sitting together in a bin. This week I decided it was time to do something with them! I washed them in groups of light, medium, or dark, and have been trimming off the frayed edges and pressing them up. This is the result.


I'm planning to use some of these in a new mystery project. I hope to finalize my color palette today, then start cutting and piecing blocks.

For the second week in a row, the stash report doesn't show any changes over the past week. The fabrics in the Stars Galore quilt and the Charm 9-Patch didn't come from my stash, and none of my other projects are ready to be counted.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                          0.0 yards
Used year to date:                 46.625 yards
Added last week:                         0.0 yards
Added year to date:                49.625 yards
Net stashed in 2023                 3.0 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I definitely got well over 15 minutes every day this week!

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
6/4 - 6/10             7 of 7 days
2023 Total      151 of 161 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Those greens and teals will make a really pretty pieced backing. Looking forward to seeing how you pieced them. Nothing out, but nothing in either so that's a good week. Such pretty colors in your solids bundle. It will be fun to see what colors you decide to pull for your mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your solids are beautiful stacked like that. I can see more than one quilt coming from the stack.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...