Monday, June 19, 2023

Design Wall Monday 6/19/2023

Much of my quilting time over the weekend was spent working on my blocks for the first installment of the Summer Camp Modern Mystery Quiltalong, hosted by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr of Modern Quilt Studio. Part 2 was posted on Friday, so I am a little bit behind, but I hope to catch up in the next few days. 

I shared two potential fabric pulls for this project in last week's post. Although I loved the first palette in that post, it seemed too similar to what many other mystery participants were showing on Facebook. I decided to use the second choice, with colors inspired by the red rocks of Sedona, AZ. The fabrics are all solids except for the slightly mottled sandy piece running up the center, which will probably become my background fabric.


The blocks are easy to piece, but the cutting took me awhile because I had so many fabrics to include. Here is my first completed set of blocks, all displayed on that same sandy background fabric.


The Summer Camp Modern Mystery Quiltalong just started on June 1st, so it's not too late to join the fun! One thing I should let you know is that it is not a free mystery; you have to buy the pattern which also includes video tutorials. You can also see more inspiration at their public Facebook group page HERE.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and at Monday Musings at Songbird Designs. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

5 comments:

  1. Oh these colors - they are gorgeous. And your blocks - this is going to be cool! ( okay really hot - because you know... desert...AZ = hot!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun quilt in the making! Love the colors! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Sedona as I do, these colors and the whole project really resonate with me. You will have a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...