Saturday, June 24, 2023

Scrappy Saturday

We had several rainy days this week, which meant even more time than usual spent quilting. No complaints here! I was able to make blocks for two different Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects using our colors of the month, light blue and light green.

I started with the 16-Patch Stars, making one block in each color. My blocks are made from 3.5" squares and will finish at 12".



I dug out the darker green and blue blocks for a group photo. Looking good!


After those were done, I discovered some strips I had pulled out for the A Maze Zing class last week and decided to make a couple of blue blocks. These will join the two green blocks shared in last week's post.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Love your star blocks, this is going to be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those star blocks are so pretty! I enjoyed looking at them close-up to see all the fun prints you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blocks, Julie! Can’t wait to see this quilt come together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also did a closeup on your Star block. It looks like the stars are all a consistent fabric. I like the hoopla blocks. I’m going to check out Candace’s pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea for scrappy quilts - sugar bowl quilts did the same thing recommending that we sew all our pieces into a long, long strip is that the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love star blocks, and yours are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty Light BLUE and Light GREEN scraps sewn into these blocks for the RSC, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how your scraps all play nicely together. Those stars just pop. I really like the blue/green combo, but I know that it will all keep morphing as you add colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...