Sunday, May 14, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 5/14/2023

First and foremost, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I'm so thankful that I was able to spend several days with my mother just recently. Love you, Mom!

It has been a busy week filled with appointments and getting our lives back in order after our recent travels, plus I worked two days at the end of the week. The Alliance Theatre, my former employer, is producing a new musical based on the book Water for Elephants. That means all sorts of fancy circus costumes, and I was happy to be back there helping out. 


Check out the flame designs on the sleeves, shoulders and bottom edges of the jacket in the photo above. I'm in the process of hand stitching gold trim next to the all of the flames like in the photo below. That's how I spent my Saturday afternoon, and it will continue for a couple more days.


There was a little bit of movement in the stash, despite the limited time for quilting. I used 1/2 yard to finish the two purple placemats, shared HERE, 1/2 yard for the first block in a new BOM (read more HERE), and 1/2 yard for a finished Hawaiian applique block, shared in the same post as the BOM. Total used 1.5 yards, and no new fabric added to the stash.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last two weeks:                 1.50 yards
Used year to date:                 43.375 yards
Added last two weeks:                 0.0 yards
Added year to date:                49.625 yards
Net stashed in 2023               6.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. It has been tough getting back to my regular routine of quilting, and my sewing room is an absolute disaster area. I did manage to get in some stitching time on 6 out of 7 days this week.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
5/7 - 5/13           6 of 7 days
2023 Total      124 of 133 days

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful job on the jacket, Julie!! Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another week of great metrics! That jacket is really cool. But that's going to be a lot of hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow….that jacket is so beautiful and well done! I was amazed by your talent! Truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket will really stand out on stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket is AMAZING! The gold trim adds so much to the overall look!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...