Sunday, May 21, 2023

Keeping Busy

It was another very busy week, including three days spent working at the Alliance costume shop, plus a guild meeting and workshop one other day. Thank goodness for my guy's support and willingness to take care of things like grocery shopping while I've been away. I'm combining my usual Saturday and Sunday blog posts into this single post today.

Yesterday I was able to do a little catching up on my Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts. I finished cutting the pieces needed for my Rail Fence blocks, which have become my current leader/ender project. I also put together two 16-Patch Stars blocks in orange, our color for May.



Before putting them away in the bin with the previous blocks, I pulled out the two purple blocks from April to get a combined shot. My blocks are being made with 3.5" squares and will finish at 12".


The guild workshop was a fun one where we learned how to make the Diva wallet. It's hard to get good photos of mine with all the black fabrics, plus I keep getting reflections of light off the metal frame at the ends. The wallet has six card pockets on the left, two full-width open pockets, plus a zipper pocket. The hardest part of making this was putting in those teensy little screws to hold the metal frame on the wallet. 


The most important project of the week was stitching the hanging sleeve and label on my Ring Around the Stars quilt before turning it in for an exhibit. That was another errand my sweet husband took care of while I was working, dropping off my quilt. If you are in the Atlanta area, you can see all the quilts from the East Cobb Quilt Guild's "Ruby, Ruby" challenge at the Sewell Mill Library and Cultural Center from May 25th to July 1st.

The stash report for the week shows just over a yard total used for my various projects and no new fabric added.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                       1.125 yards
Used year to date:                   44.50 yards
Added last week:                         0.0 yards
Added year to date:                49.625 yards
Net stashed in 2023             5.125 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've made it a point to do some hand stitching during the morning train commute on the days that I've been working in order to keep up with my daily quilting time.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
5/14 - 5/20           7 of 7 days
2023 Total      131 of 140 days

You can see many more wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. What a fun wallet. Don't you enjoy the guild classes and all the friends you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple and orange star blocks look fabulous together. What a great RSC project. I am fascinated by the fact that you keep track of your stash yardage totals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those star blocks! They will make a really dramatic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your wallet. I am a huge fan of 12" blocks. Your blocks are looking very good. Thank goodness for supportive men in our lives. Have a joyful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 16-Patch Star blocks are gorgeous. The orange ones look especially pretty with the purple ones. I've seen a pattern for that purse and thought it would be nice .... for someone else to make and me to buy! Hahaha! I'm a chicken when it comes to projects like that but maybe in a class I could get it done. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing the star blocks when the base is all one colour like your orange and purple blocks. The white star shows up beautifully - they will make a super quilt. Hope your Guild’s exhibition goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wallet looks great and so do your RSC blocks. You've done well on the stitching front considering you've also been working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the stars aren't in the center of your blocks and they seem to dance around the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...