Saturday, May 27, 2023

Scrappy Orange Projects

This turned out to be a good week for getting caught up on my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The first thing I did was make three orange Jabberwocky blocks.

Jabberwocky, blocks finish at 10.25"
pattern by Judy Martin in The Block Book

After those were done, I added the rest of the colors to the design wall. I like how they look together, but they definitely need some sashing to separate the blocks a bit.


The next RSC project to be completed was the Rail Fence blocks. Each month, these start out as my leader/ender project, but late in the month I power through whatever is left in order to get them done. I ended up with 48 orange blocks this month.


After that, I concentrated on the RSC/ABC Table Scraps Challenge. I have been making at least one placemat every month for this challenge. My scrappy orange version started with a stack of extra pieces from the Rail Fence blocks. They were joined into a panel, then additional strips were added to each side until it was big enough for a placemat, about 13" x 18".



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. I'm also linking up with the ABC Table Scraps Challenge at The Joyful Quilter.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

13 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your Jabberwocky blocks! They're going to make such a beautiful quilt. The leftover pieces turned into a fun placemat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jabberwocky blocks are so pretty! Are they tricky to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those ORANGE pieces to meet the L = LEFTOVERS for this month's ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge, Julie!! It appears that you've got a wonderful collection to pull from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty oranges in your collection! A rail fence block is one that I want to make some day. When the UFOs are all done! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to use your fabrics! The Jabberwocky blocks are awesome and I always love a pretty rail fence!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jabberwocky blocks are great, I'm sure they took a lot of precise piecing to get them looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Jabberwocky blocks are beautiful! I agree the blocks need sashing, it's going to bee a beautiful quilt. Love your Rail Fence too, and the fun orange placemat. Great way to use table scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of beautiful projects in the works,the jabberwocky blocks are interesting,it's the first time I've heard of that named block,I'm learning a lot of interesting block names

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Jabberwocky blocks are beautiful but they look like they might be a little out of my league. Lol! They're going to make a lovely quilt. And I agree, they need a sashing of some sort to really set them off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So much juicy orange. The Jabberwocky blocks are terrific -- I know that Judy M doesn't do paper-piecing so I admire your accomplishment even more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Jabberwocky blocks are wonderful! I have that book, I'll have to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I see your Jabberwocky blocks, the more I drool. Those blocks are beautiful!!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Julie, that's a great looking placemat and lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...