Saturday, April 4, 2015

Scrappy Purples for April

My work schedule has gotten back to normal this week, leaving me a little more time for quilting. I was able to spend some time working on both of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I prepped a bunch of circles for more applique blocks, and got a few of them stitched to the background. I cut out way too many circles, but that lets me use my favorites.


"True Colors" by Nancy Mahoney
from the book Simple Circles and Quick Curves

I have also been busy cutting purple squares for my Rainbow Bowtie blocks and stitching up the first few purple blocks. Here is a selection of blocks from the first four months of the year. I am trying to make 40 - 50 blocks each month, which would give me plenty for one large quilt or a couple of throw-size quilts.



Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. On Sunday I will also link up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than housework


Julie in GA

20 comments:

  1. Your projects are looking great. As always, I love the circles on the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circles on black and white are amazing. I must get hold of that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the circles on the black and white as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to your circles...they never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie! Love those circles. You went circle crazy didn't you? What will you do with all of them? So many possibilities... that is what non quilters do not get... all the possibilities.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those circles are amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice circle blocks--these look like evening purple moons...nice work on this project... it'll be fabulous....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a purple smile...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. More beautiful circles! That's a lot of bowties, too. What size are your blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your circles on the black and white blocks, they really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selection of purples you get to choose from. Those bow ties are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those circles on the black and white blocks. Very interesting and will be really beautiful when all the colors are combined.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your purple prints! Sweet bow tie blocks : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. More of your delicious circle blocks, I love the purple on the black and white fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your scrappy blocks are coming right along. I am looking forward to April as purple is a favorite color. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...