Monday, April 27, 2015

Design Wall Monday 4/27/15

The plan for the borders of my Easy Street quilt was to use up some of the leftover parts from making the center of the quilt. Here is the center before borders.


I played with all sorts of possible arrangements of my extra units, ending up with what you see below. Instead of using up those extra pieces, I had to make almost 100 more 4-patches for this border, but I think it will be worthwhile in the end. The borders for the two long sides have been made, plus part of the top. The other pieces and parts are still waiting for their turn to be useful--maybe on the back of this quilt.

"Easy Street"
2012 Mystery by Bonnie Hunter

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework and to Monday Making over at Love Laugh Quilt.


Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. That border really sparkles with those blocks. It's a good choice and you'll be glad you put forth the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colorway is stunning -- and the border is phenomenal. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How stunning........... Yes it was worth making the extra squares........

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great border. You are inspiring me to get out my easy street and WORK on it. Plus, it is great project boxes (yep, two of them with all the extra fabric...) and it is very easy to grab and go if I'm sewing away from home. Hum, I think that is the only time I work on it actually. Love your colors; they really make a striking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent border design - really complements the total quilt and so worth the extra effort to make the add'l parts needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! A lot of work, but it will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a lovely quilt! Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty colors. I love pieced borders! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...