Monday, April 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday 4/20/15

Yesterday I finished making the rest of my purple bowtie blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I also made some darker yellow/gold bowties because some of my paler yellows were blending in with the background fabrics too much. 



After I finished making blocks, I started playing with some possible layouts for my bowties. There are so many possibilities, but I liked these options. It will be even more fun to play with the blocks later this year when there are more colors included.




I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! I am also linking up with Monday Making over at Love Laugh Quilt.


Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea for your RSC! I like the arrangements you're playing with. They remind me of Drunkard's Path layouts, without having to make curved seams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layouts 2 and 3 get my vote. Coordinating the color location as well as the block orientation really makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are just lovely--nice work on blending those colors together--I love that layout of Lover's Knot......hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bow ties are so versatile! The chevron bow tie top is cheerful and will delight the child who receives it. I really like these purple and gold blocks, no matter how you set them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are looking amazing. I have never seen them laid out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the great thing about the Bowtie block, the settings seem to be never ending!
    They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...