Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pretty Purples

My appliqued circles for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge have been coming along pretty well this month. Twelve purple blocks are finished, and I have a couple more prepped and ready to be stitched. I suppose I should sit down and figure out how many I need to make each month, but for now I am just enjoying the stitching and not worrying about having a goal to reach.


Now that baseball season is here, I am spending more time watching TV. I guess "watching" TV isn't very accurate for me. What it really means is listening to the games while I hand stitch, looking up from time to time or when the announcers get really excited about something that happened on the field. That extra handwork time has made it possible for me to finish adding the background hexies to my purple star. One more star needs background, then it's time to start joining them all together. This has been an on-going project since August of 2013!


Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I am also linking up on Sunday to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework.


Julie in GA

11 comments:

  1. Those hexies are looking mighty good. And your circles continue to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely circles--they remind me of moons--and that hexies block is really nice...I am watching ballgames, too--go Red Sox!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to what Scrappy quilter and katie z said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do have two super projects on the go here, the circles I just adore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the white and black hexies that surround the stars. They really make the purple pop. Great appliqued circle blocks. They should make a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that baseball season on bringing more stitching time your way. What fun it will be to see the finished hexie stars. Such a labor of love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those circles and hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your projects are just stunning. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmph, baseball obsession... and circles...LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hexie stars are lovely! I can't wait to see it all put together. Thanks for sharing these pretty purples with oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...