Sunday, March 31, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 3/31/2024

It was a productive week, with plenty of fabric getting cut and stitched back together in my sewing room. I was very happy to finish the assembly of my latest Around the Twist baby quilt top (read more about it HERE.) 2.5 yards of fabric was used for this top.

Around the Twist, 38.5" x 45"

I also finished two more sets of purple blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Hollow 9-Patch (shared in yesterday's post) and the Birthday Blocks by Laundry Basket Quilts. I've got a couple of extra blocks that didn't appear in yesterday's post. One is a duplicate because I didn't like my first attempt of the pattern, plus the heart block was a bonus pattern from Valentine's day that finally got finished this week.

Birthday Blocks by Laundry Basket Quilts
6" finished size blocks

The two groups of purple blocks used a total of 3/4 yard of fabric. No new fabric was added to the stash this week.


2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   3.25 yards
Used year to date:              25.75 yards
Added last week:                    0.0 yards
Added year to date:               22.0 yards
Net used in 2024:               3.75 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Besides the projects I showed with the stash report, I spent large chunks of time pulling and cutting fabrics for my remaining Chatsworth blocks, an ongoing Block of the Month project.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
3/24 - 3/30          7 of 7 days
2024 Total        90 of 90 days
Success rate                100%

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. I love your around the twist project. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stash metrics! You always do so well at working in the stitching time. You've got lots of blocks to show for all the time last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the focus fabric on the twist quilt. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Around the Twist makes me want to dance. And completing so many blocks means you are making great progress - another reason to swirl and twirl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like Around the Twist. Pretty purples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The around the twist is great !!! Wonderfully fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great purples. I find the stash report interesting....but have no plans to try working out how much I use....I might only cut a 2.5" square from something.but I do know my "home shop" is getting too big.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...