Saturday, March 30, 2024

Finishing the Purple Blocks

March seemed to go by very quickly, and now it is time to wrap up my purple projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I finished off a couple sets of purple blocks this week. Up first were my Hollow 9-Patch blocks.


After that, I made the latest of the Birthday Blocks from
 Laundry Basket Quilts, ending up with four purple blocks for March. A new block pattern is posted every week, and I am alternating using light or dark background along with the RSC color of the month.


There is one set of purple blocks that is not quite finished. These are my scrappy improv blocks inspired by Terry Rowland (I call them my Terry blocks.) I have these 25 little 3" blocks finished, and another 15-20 more blocks cut and waiting next to my sewing machine.


Besides all the blocks shown above, I also shared a couple other sets of blocks earlier in the month. There were the Rail Fence Spinners and the Hen and Chicks Sampler blocks. I pulled those blocks out of my RSC bin and put everything up on the design wall together in an incredible, scrappy collection of purple! 


I'm eager to find out what our color of the month will be for April and get started on some new sets of blocks!

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! Just LOOK at all those PURPLE blocks, Julie!!! I am particularly fond of your "Terry blocks", as I have a "starter block" that came in a gifted scrap bag. One of these days, I may join you in sewing some of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty purples! You are going to have some very fun scrappy quilts at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, you were a winner in the Villa Rosa blog hop, but I am unable to get your email address. Will you please contact me ASAP at lifsgd2001@yahoo.com so I can forward your email address to the Villa Rosa staff? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do get into the RSC colour! Clever idea for your Birthday Blocks. All those blocks look good together...even if they wont stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those pretty purple blocks! You've been busy! Those purple blocks look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous design wall -- so full of purple scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really doing purple up grandly. I'm behind on my March blocks and need to move forward to April... You're going to have some fun quilts from these blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...