Sunday, March 10, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 3/10/2024

Looking back over the past week's stitching time, garments seem to have become a theme. The current Project Quilt Challenge is all about Wearables--either make something quilted from clothing, add quilting to a piece of clothing, or make an actual garment. I made two placemats using fabrics from old shirts (read more in this post.) I used 1 yard of fabric for the placemats.


I also made a pair of pajama pants last week, using 3 yards of fabric. They were a gift, and unfortunately I didn't get a photo of them. Just last night I was asked to do a couple of minor sewing repairs on clothing for a family member. Like I said, there seems to be a theme.

The good news regarding the stash report is that my usage for the week has finally gotten me back in the black as having used more fabric than has been added for the year. The not-so-good news is that a recent fabric order has finally shipped and should get here next week. 

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                     4.00 yards
Used year to date:               19.25 yards
Added last week:                     0.0 yards
Added year to date:             17.50 yards
Net used in 2024:              1.75 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. On top of all the garment-related stitching, I spent lots of time cutting for various quilt-along projects. I also finished making the blocks for a baby quilt, and I hope to get the quilt top assembled today.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
3/3 - 3  /9            7 of 7 days
2024 Total        69 of 69 days
Success rate                100%

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. It's gonna take a lot of sewing to get me back in the black!! LOL Love the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the placemats! That is a great use for the shirts. Congrats on 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are back in black for a little while. I started off in the hole, but am hoping to see black at least a little later this year. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being back in the black!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...