Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Jabberwocky Top Finished!

January has been a busy month including lots of quilting time. I've started way too many new quilts, but I'm very happy to have made progress on one of my projects from last year too. This is my finished Jabberwocky quilt top!

Jabberwocky, block pattern by Judy Martin
65" wide x 76.75" long

The Jabberwocky block pattern is by Judy Martin in The Block Book. That was the name she used for her block, and I didn't see any reason to change it for my quilt. The book is out of print, but you can still buy it online.


The star blocks for this quilt were made all throughout 2023 as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The last blocks were made in October, then it was time to figure out my setting. After many auditions, I chose to offset the columns of blocks, and I used a grey spotty fabric as the sashing and borders. Here are a few of my favorite blocks.





Finishing this quilt top was my One Monthly Goal for January. Success at my first OMG of the year sure feels good!



Linking up with:
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework
One Monthly Goal at Stories from the Sewing Room


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

21 comments:

  1. Wow! The staggered columns worked really well and you picked a great fabric for the setting. Another really cool RSC quilt. Congrats on meeting your January OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your star blocks and am intrigued with the construction. I like Judy Martin's patterns and have several of her books. What a great way to do the Rainbow Scrap Challenge! The final product is amazing! Hooray for a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, that has turned out so pretty! I loved those blocks as you were making them last year. They've gone together really nicely with the gray background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your RSC quilt - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully pieced! I really like the offset columns and the way that helps your eye move around to appreciate each of your Jabberwocky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jabberwonky is absolutely gorgeous! I like the little 3-D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing the quilt top. The gray sashing and offset unit fabrics is perfect. It unifies the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your stars, and the sashing is perfect to show off all those great colors. I love Judy Martin's books and this is such a great block. Congratulations-- it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Those blocks are striking & I always love a grey background to make the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see your project coming together. I've been swooning your blocks every month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great block, and I love the staggered setting. Well done on your RSC finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are lovely blocks and the spotty sashing really shows them off well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! The grey print sets off the star nicely

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on meeting your OMG! Gorgeous rainbow quilt and I love the background, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on meeting your first OMG of the year! Jabberwocky is absolutely stunning!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely quilt! You do such a great job with colors and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on a great quilt finish! I love the stripes in the purple block, they really add to the movement of the block.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on meeting your OMG for January, Julie. It's a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on a beautiful finish, Julie, and for meeting your OMG goal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super cool block!! and I love how you set them - this is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...