Friday, January 5, 2024

Project Quilting Mystery

 A new season of Project Quilting is about to begin, and to help get us in the mood for it, our leader Kim Lapacek of Persimon Dreams has been leading us in a quick little mystery. It all started with a fabric pull on December 26, and the final layout was posted yesterday, January 4th. I finished putting my quilt top together this afternoon.


Project Quilting Mystery, 24.5" x 24.5"

It was a very casual, relaxed mystery. The blocks were fun to make with easy, improv piecing. It turned out that Kim's theme for the mystery was Roman numerals counting from 1 to 15 (this will be season 15 of Project Quilting.) So clever! I didn't have a clue, but could see it after the reveal. The next photo shows my blocks laid out in numerical order before they were sewn together. #15 is the large block at the center.


I moved some of my blocks to different spots before sewing them together because I was more interested in a better balance of color and lines than in keeping the numbers in order.

Thanks to Kim for this very fun mystery. I can't wait to start another season of Project Quilting. Click HERE to see some of my posts from earlier seasons of Project Quilting.

Linking up with:
Project Quilting Mystery at Persimon Dreams
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA



2 comments:

  1. Love your color palette. it turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool is that!!! THe mystery turned out great!! Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...