Saturday, January 27, 2024

SAHRR Round 1

Last week I shared a few blocks that were being considered as the center block of this year's Stay at Home Round Robin (SAHRR) project. Later that same day, I made yet another block, but I still haven't decided which one I might use. There's even a chance I will use them all!


The block at the lower left is the newest addition. It is the center block of Kim Diehl's Liberty Legacy quilt, a free pattern from Henry Glass fabrics. Here's the newest block by itself. It is definitely my favorite of the group.


Our assignment this week came from Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting LifeShe chose signature blocks for the first round. I started out by making some samples to help me decide on the scale for the corner triangles. 


As you can see above, changing the size of the corners also changes the width of the center diagonal strip. I decided to go with the middle version, and made up a dozen of them in different green fabrics.


I also tried the signature blocks out with the whole group of star blocks, but it's not terribly successful. I have no idea where I'm headed with this project, and I'm not going to stress out over it. I'm just following the prompts and seeing where they take me.



This week's link-up is at Wendy's blog, Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life, and the rest of the 2024 SAHRR schedule is below.

January 29: 2nd Round:   Anja @ Anja Quilts
February 5: 3rd Round:  Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
February 12: 4th Round:  Brenda @ Songbird Designs
February 19: 5th Round: Gail @ Quilting Gail
February 26: 6th Round: Kathleen @ Kathleen McMusing
March 18:   Parade: showing all of your finished SAHRRs!
 
On Monday we will find out our next border assignment. I'm looking forward to seeing what lies ahead.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like your idea of using multiple blocks! I'm going to re-think my approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, using all the blocks could be really cool. Use a different border for each and then pieces those into one quilt? Looking forward to seeing what you path you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how you go on with in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of options, and it looks like a great start to a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have a really interesting quilt coming up. It will be fun to see how this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...