Sunday, January 28, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 1/28/2024

It has been a very busy week in my sewing room, and I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of projects in the works. It has also been a very productive week, with two placemats being finished and one quilt top nearly assembled. There was 1 yard of fabric used for the placemats. You can see them HERE and HERE.

I've gotten rather carried away with joining quilt-alongs plus starting new projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge already this year. Most of these will be continuing for several months, and it is already proving to be easiest to total up the yardage for all of them near the end of the month. Here's what I've made so far. All measurements listed are for the finished sizes of the blocks.

3" blocks + 6" blocks

Hollow 9-Patch, 6" blocks

Rail Fence Spinners, 6" blocks

6" blocks


16" Liberty Legacy block
3" signature blocks

Added together, the fabric used for all of those many blocks totals about 2 yards. The Hollow 9-Patch and Rail Fence Spinners have both been used as leader/ender blocks, so I might end up making more of those before the end of the month. If so, I will just count the fabric used with next month's totals.

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                       3.0 yards
Used year to date:                 6.75 yards
Added last week:                     1.5 yards
Added year to date:                 1.5 yards
Net used in 2024:               5.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. The past week had seemed especially busy with different quilting projects, but I was a little shocked when I counted up 9 different quilts having been worked on over the last 7 days. It's no wonder I feel like I'm going in a million directions!

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
1/21 - 1/27          7 of 7 days
2024 Total        27 of 27 days
Success rate                100%

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Wow that a lot of green scraps! You'll have lots of RSC quilts to put together next year, but that will be fun. Has it made a dent in your green scraps? I really like your SAHRR for this year. Your metrics look really good this week. You are off to a great start for 2024. But I'm with you on the new project starts, it has gotten a bit over whelming and I'm going to start one more, the guild's BOM for 2024. Oh well, variety keeps it fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your color combinations! My green scrap drawers are overflowing. I should use them for something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your greens! And as I was looking at your SAHRR I thought it looked familiar. I used that center block for my 2021 SAHRR!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For having a busy week, you've gotten a lot done! I like your SAHRR border - that is such a pretty quilt (makes me feel okay that my Nativity set is still up - LOL). I will enjoy seeing this quilt grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are definitely busy with the greens in RSC this month. You should be using up those green scraps pretty good this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great report! It's so much fun to see how different all the SAHRRs are looking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...