Monday, December 13, 2021

Design Wall Monday 12/13/2021

One of the projects I have been working on for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year has been making Glorified Nine-Patch blocks. I started out hand piecing the curved seams in the blocks, but didn't enjoy that part and ended up doing all the stitching by machine.

My blocks had been neglected for a few months, but I pulled them out over the weekend and got back to work on them. There were four sets with the center 9-patch already pieced, just waiting to be trimmed and get the backgrounds added. That was the first step to get done.


After those blocks were finished, I pulled out my fabric scraps and pieced the center 9-patches in a few more colors. I believe these will be the last sets of blocks needed for this quilt. They will all be getting dark backgrounds added.


You may have noticed that the middle segments in a couple of the green 9-patches don't reach all the way to the outer edges. I was short on fabrics for those areas, but it won't matter when they get trimmed down to add the curved background pieces.

My Glorified Nine-Patch project was inspired by a pattern I found at American Patchwork and Quilting. You can see their version HERE.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

3 comments:

  1. I took a G9P class with Toby Lischko several years ago. I have the 9Ps done and all the pieces cut, but got bogged down with the curved seams. With practice I'm getting better. It's on my Priority One list for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those Glorified Nine patches look cool ( and challenging!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your progress, Julie! This quilt is going to lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...