Monday, December 6, 2021

Design Wall Monday 12/6/2021

The weekend turned into a good time for finishing a new project. Yesterday's post included a photo of two fabrics that I bought last week to make a quilted cover for our KitchenAid mixer, and later in the day that cover was finished!


The pattern that I used to make this cover came from Caroline at Sew Can She. Check out her website for lots of fun, free sewing and quilting patterns.


The mixer cover can be made from home decor weight fabric, prequilted fabric, or you can quilt two fabrics together yourself, and that's what I did. I used a Kona solid for the inside and the binding. My quilting was done free motion, just wandering around the different shapes in the fabric print. The seam allowances on the inside were zigzagged together to finish them off.


There were a couple of changes I made to Caroline's pattern. One was to eliminate the pockets on the two ends. I was afraid my machine wouldn't want to stitch through all those layers. Instead I copied the large pocket on the front and did a second one on the back. I also made the whole cover smaller to better fit our mixer.


Thanks to Caroline for this great pattern! I'm thinking about adapting it for other appliances like our food processor.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

2 comments:

  1. Super cute mixer cover, Julie! I meant to make one for my stand mixer, but I no longer keep it out on the counter. I suppose dragging my feet saved me some work! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute cover - love the fabric

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...