Sunday, December 5, 2021

Stitching and Stashing--Week 49, 2021

It has been a busy week here with multiple appointments, and we even went out to a concert one night (our first time since Covid.) All of that cut into my time in the sewing room. However, I still ended the week with one Christmas finish (see it HERE) and good progress on a couple of other projects. 

My stash report includes both usage and additions. The usage was 1.125 yards for the back and binding of the little Christmas quilt. The additions were these two fabrics that I found at JoAnn when I stopped in while doing some Christmas shopping.


Not long ago, we moved our KitchenAid mixer out of a kitchen cabinet and onto an open shelf. I've been wanting to make a cover to keep it cleaner, and this is the perfect fabric! The tan fabric on the right will be the lining and the binding. 

2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                           1.125 yards
Used year to date:                    173.125 yards
Added last week:                            2.75 yards
Added year to date:                     136.25 yards
Net used year to date              36.875 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. Because of our busier schedule last week, I ended up with stitching time on 6 out of 7 days for the week. It's only the third time all year that I have missed a day! 

15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
11/28 - 12/4              6 of 7 days
2021 Total          335 of 338 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. that is adorable fabric. It will make a wonderful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a chuckle from your totals. 136 yds added yds! I thought that sounded high but then I started thinking...could I have added that much this year? Maybe but I'm not going to admit to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Love the new fabric...so pretty.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...