Sunday, December 26, 2021

Stitching and Stashing--Week 52, 2021

It's the last Sunday of the year, which means the last official Stash Report for 2021, although I expect to have a final update to my numbers next week. 

My usage last week includes 2.625 yards for the Rainbow LeMoyne baby quilt top and back that I shared in yesterday's post. I also used 1 yard in yet another Dresden pillow, this one for my husband Ed, made from his father's ties. The fabric for the back of the pillow was a shirt that Ed was going to give away.



Posting these photos made me realize that I never shared any photos of the two pillows that I made for Amber, Ed's cousin's wife. Her father had a collection of very bold print ties which were lots of fun to combine in these pillows. They got a batik fabric for the pillow backs.



My last Black Friday fabric order finally arrived on December 23rd. I had gotten several wide backings from a fantastic sale at Keepsake Quilting.




I was especially excited to get the grey with bright dots fabric. I've been waiting for that to go on sale ever since I finished the top for my Scrap Magnet quilt. Won't they look great together?


I also have a few other rainbow quilts that include grey in the background and would work beautifully with the dotty backing fabric. Altogether, I added 22.5 yards to the stash this week, since I count the wide backings at 2.5 times the yardage length.

2021 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                           3.625 yards
Used year to date:                      180.50 yards
Added last week:                          22.50 yards
Added year to date:                    168.25 yards
Net used year to date               12.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of stitching time. My stitching time over the past week was mostly spent on finishing the pillow for Ed and putting together the Rainbow LeMoyne quilt top and back.

15 Minute Challenge for 2021: 
12/19 - 12/25            7 of 7 days
2021 Total          356 of 359 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Your tie pillows made me smile! Such a great idea! Yes, that polka dot fabric is not only fun, but also versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pillows, Julie, and you managed to find the PERFECT backing for your Scrap Magnet quilt top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tie pillows are really fun. What a great way to remember a loved one. Scrap Magnet turned out beautifully! That gray dotted background will work really well with it. Even with all the additions you are ending the year in black as far as fabric usage, so that ends the year on a good note. You've done so well with your stitching time too, only missing 3 days. That's excellent. Wishing you an equally productive 2022. Thank you for being a long running regular on the 15 Minutes to Stitch linky party. Hope you'll stick around for next year (I promise to be more consistent with getting the parties posted).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrap Magnet is so gorgeous and the backing with be perfect. I admire your "bookkeeping". I have trouble keeping track of what I get done, let alone how much fabric is used. Trying desperately to use up stash! I need to be better at keeping track! Maybe a new year's resolution? HMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tie pillows are so neat - what a great way to put the ties together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...