Saturday, December 4, 2021

One Monthly Goal (OMG) for December, 2021

There are plenty of quilting goals I would like to accomplish before the end of the year. One is to get the blocks for most of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects joined into tops. That way I can start new RSC quilts in January with a clear conscience.

I ended up working on eight (!) different projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this year, which was definitely more than I had planned. A couple of them had been started in the fall of 2020. Three of the eight need more blocks and will carry over into 2022. The tops have been completed for two quilts, the Scrap Magnet quilt and the Sew Colorful Stars. That leaves three sets of blocks waiting to be stitched up into quilt tops.

I've been working on joining together the 5" pastel Bowtie blocks, and I shared my progress on those in last week's post. At this point, the 180 Bowties have all been turned into 20 big blocks, each made up of 9 Bowtie blocks. The last step is to get those big blocks stitched together. That seems quite manageable, once I get myself to sit down and do it!

The other set of blocks I would most like to put together are for the Homespun quilt. Once the Bowtie blocks are off the main design wall, I can decide on the layout for these blocks, then start stitching them together. Here is the plan for the center of my quilt.

I love the way these blocks turned out and am very eager to get this quilt top finished! In fact, that is going to be my One Monthly Goal for the link-up at Elm Street Quilts.



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. You can see what other quilters are hoping to get done this month at the One Monthly Goal link-up at Elm Street Quilts.


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

15 comments:

  1. What a fun collection of blocks! I love the design possibilities presented by the negative space in the corners. You have made great progress this year. 8 is a lot of quilts to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such great blocks, and the background fabric just adds to all the pretty! I'll enjoy seeing what you decide on for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stars! The background fabric is so perfect for them and they will make a great quilt. Eight is a lot of projects-- you must have tons of scraps! Have fun finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your rainbow projects. I'm looking forward to joining you next year in the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can’t wait to see this one come together. This has to be my favorite RSC project ever, and it’s all I can do not to copy it outright. I have the Tula Pink backing, but will *force* myself to use it elsewhere. Your blocks are just to die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those blocks are so darling & the Tula Pink background is so awesome! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! you really got sucking into a lot of great RSC projects this year, Julie. Best of luck on getting your Homespun quilt top together for your OMG!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved these gorgeous blocks all year! It will be fun to see how you set them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These blocks are so pretty and are going to make a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are great,! The background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like these blocks! I went to Modernly Morgan's Instagram and the color options are incredible. I will look forward to seeing your finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your 'homespun' blocks! The background, really lets the RSC colours shine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm jealous of your progress on Homespun - lol! That quilt will be on my list for 2022 for sure. Beautiful blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...