Sunday, November 8, 2020

Stitching and Stashing--Week 45, 2020

It was another very productive week for quilting, with time spent on several different projects. However, my stash totals are going up instead of down because I also received a couple of fabric orders. 

The additions to the stash are both large pieces, and strangely enough, they are both grey. The piece on the right is a gridded flannel by Kaffe Fassett, and it is going to become my new design wall fabric. The grid lines should help keep my blocks straight and evenly spaced when I put them up on the wall. I bought 6 yards of that and 5 yards of the grey print on the left. That one is planned to be used for Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek mystery starting the day after Thanksgiving.


My usage total for the week came to 3.5 yards. That included 3/4 yard for Step 4 of Alycia's mystery, 1.5 yards for the remaining blocks for the Alaska QAL, and 1.25 yards for some more face masks.


Alycia's mystery, Step 4--strips are folded in half for the photo



10 more face masks, mostly batiks

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             3.50 yards
Used year to date:                      180.00 yards
Added last week:                            11.0 yards
Added year to date:                        64.0 yards
Net used year to date             116.00 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. My Tuesday To-Do List has really helped keep me on track this week, and I have checked off almost everything from that list!

15 Minute Challenge:  
11/1 - 11/7                7 of 7 days
2020 Total          303 of 312 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Pretty masks. I love your idea of the grid for the design wall. I'll have to see about that when I replace my flannel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have immediate plans for the new purchases and are still in the net usage column for the year. Some fun colors in those masks. Are they to donate or for the family?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...