Wednesday, November 4, 2020

One Monthly Goal--November, 2020

I have been working steadily on my blocks for the Alaska Quilt-Along at Laundry Basket Quilts. In fact, I've already finished all the blocks in the pattern a couple weeks ahead of schedule. The center of the quilt before borders finishes at 63" square.


I would prefer to end up with a rectangular quilt and have been playing with some ideas for how to extend the design and add a row at the top and bottom. Yesterday I replaced portions of some blocks that were already made. Here is how they looked before and after the changes. These blocks are at the center of the top and bottom rows in the photo above.

Before 


After

The next step is to finalize my plan for the added rows, then begin piecing those blocks. My One Monthly Goal for November is to make the extra blocks, then to put all the blocks together into a finished quilt top.




Linking up with:
One Monthly Goal at Elm Street Quilts


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

1 comment:

  1. I like you plan for making the quilt rectangular. Good luck with your OMG.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...