My latest finish is the quilt top from Alycia's most recent mystery, #A11 (she is still trying to decide on a better name!)
Mystery #A11, 60.75" x 81.75"
Alycia's mystery quilts are geared for quick assembly, with each step planned to take about an hour or so per week. Mine took longer than that because I went scrappy with the reds and blues. I also made the border with dark blue scraps.
I could tell from the very first step that the scale of the piecing would work well with my background fabric. Those big pieces in the blocks with the chains of blue squares show off the background print perfectly! The background was a line from Connecting Threads called "Hometown Summer," and the date on the selvage says 2014. That fabric had aged long enough and needed to be used!
This is the third quilt top to be finished here this month--that may be a new record for me! It feels very good to have a quick finish like this. I'm still undecided about starting Bonnie Hunter's new mystery on Friday, and we know that project will not be quick and easy with big pieces! Maybe I will concentrate on figuring out the borders for Frolic, last year's Bonnie Hunter mystery, instead of starting the new one. (Who am I kidding--that won't happen!)