Thursday, November 5, 2020

30's Thursday - Sewcialites Blocks

Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting has been sharing "30's Thursday" blog posts for the last few weeks. I liked the name so much that I decided to follow her lead. Cathy, I hope you don't mind my stealing the name!

My only current project that uses 30's fabrics is a new project that I haven't shared before. I've been playing along with the Sewcialites Quilt Along at the Fat Quarter Shop. A new block pattern is posted every Friday, and there have been six patterns so far, but I've only finished five blocks.


My blocks will finish at 6". The patterns include instructions for 3", 6" or 9" blocks. I can't imagine making any of these blocks in a 3" size! I am using a constant white-on-white for my background and a different 30's print for each block. There will be a total of 36 blocks when the QAL ends in late June. It's not too late to join the fun! The Sewcialites page at the Fat Quarter Shop blog has all the information you would need.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. I just downloaded the first 7 blocks - a little behind. This is a good one for the '30's that I have and did to use for 3030! Your blocks are very pretty! nice quilt. AND I have enough to make blocks with a different fabric also. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice calming colors - look forward to seeing this project grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun and colorful new project to add to your list. It's nice to have a variety of projects with different colors in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...