For some reason, Monday has turned into the day when I share the progress on my Alaska quilt, and that is true once again this week. A few days ago I finished making the new blocks needed to turn my version of this quilt into a rectangle, then spent much of Sunday sewing blocks together.
As you can see, I have been joining the blocks together into groups. I find it much easier to handle medium-sized chunks like these rather than many long rows of blocks. The blocks that will run down the left side, mirroring those on the right, are at the machine waiting to be stitched together. I hope to have a completed quilt top by the end of the week! I can't wait to get some outdoor photos of this once it is finished for a better representation of the colors.
Happy quilting everyone!
Julie in GA