Saturday, April 25, 2015

Something Old, Something New(ish)

One of my goals for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2015 was to keep from starting too many new projects. There are so many wonderful ideas showing up each week, making it very difficult to stick to my plan. My new RSC projects for the year are the Rainbow Bowties which you can see HERE and the applique circles that are my current hand-stitching project. I finished my last few of the purple blocks this week.


"True Colors" by Nancy Mahoney
from the book Simple Circles and Quick Curves

As an alternative to starting new projects, I have been pulling out some of my UFOs that fit in with our monthly color. I don't have many UFOs that feature purple, but I did find my unfinished "Easy Street" top, Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt from 2012. 

"Easy Street" by Bonnie Hunter

Bonnie's original quilt was very large, around 84" square before borders. I made fewer of the units each week and ended up with the center of my quilt measuring about 42" x 63". I have lots of extra parts left over and keep trying to figure out a way to use them in a pieced border. I am playing around with several ideas for the borders, and hope to have a finished top soon.

Check out all of the terrific scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.


Julie in GA

15 comments:

  1. I understand what you mean about the RSC inspiring MORE new projects - I fight that fight myself! I didn't have any purple UFOs or I would've followed your plan this month. Looking forward to seeing how your pieced border turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm finding so many fun ways to use my scraps. And I don't seem to be making a dent in the supply. Love your circles, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am finding fun ways to use up my scraps and I'm working on getting my UFO's finished too. I continue to love your circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are smart to do that! I keep getting pulled in by all the lovely blocks shown on Mister Linky!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean, I have four RSC projects! LOL! Love your Easy St, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good idea! I'm trying to be disciplined with my scraps and just stick to what I decided at the start of the year. Your two projects are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy the last couple of months. Your True Color blocks are looking fabulous. Congrats on all the finishes you've had the last few weeks. You've really made a dent in the UFO pile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you chose for your Easy Street!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - it is very difficult to visit the blogs and not want to make all the different projects. Your ES is beautiful - can't wait to see how you finish your's off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea finishing colour related UFO's! Hope you get those left over units to fit into a border.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your version of Easy Street is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the Easy Street colours in your top........look forwards to seeing what you do with the surrounds : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors of your Easy Street. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors you chose for your Easy Street. Maybe you can piece a lot of the extra pieces into the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finishing up UFOs is such a satisfying adventure. Hope your borders come together well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...