Back in January, I pulled out this UFO that had been hanging around for more than a dozen years. I am so thrilled to finally have this quilt top completed! It sure has been a long time in the works. The pattern is called Dutch Tiles. I started it when my sister and I took a class taught by Judy Hasheider back in 2002. Most of the fabrics date from around that time.
Unfortunately, I have nowhere at home where I can get a photo of the whole quilt top, and every outdoor surface is covered with pollen. These two photos show the entire quilt except for the last row on each side. The full quilt measures 88" x 97".
The quilt consists of 46 whole blocks and 6 half blocks to finish the ends. All of the blocks feature a different pair of fabrics. Here are a couple of my favorite blocks, one of them with a white outline so you can get a better idea of how it is pieced. Lots and lots of set-in seams!
The ends of the quilt are straight, but the sides finish with zig-zag edges. I am not looking forward to doing the binding along those edges!
It feels so good to empty out one of those boxes holding an old project. Soon I will have the back pieced, and this will be ready to get quilted. After that I will be trying to decide the next UFO to pull out. Wish me luck!
I am linking up to Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. I am also linking up to Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework and to Scraptastic Tuesday at Mrs Sew and Sow.
Julie in GA